Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ASQ Fellow

Okay, this is a personal plug...I was named ASQ Fellow with 20 other ASQ members at the September 2008 Board meeting.

I am very proud of this accomplishment. As a member of the Board of Directors I had to walk out of the board room during the vote. When I returned I was duly congratulated by the entire board then Roberto Saco, ASQ President, gave me a moment to read a statement. I'd like to share with you what I said during that meeting:

Mr. Chairman Mr. President, esteemed colleague, my
friend's,


I promise you, I’ll be brief.

Seven years ago today was one of the most horrific days of my life and in the lives of
most Americans. Fortunately I walked out of 2 WTC physically unharmed while thousands of lives were lost in NY, PA and DC, including those of colleagues and friends.

For the past 6 years I've literally hidden in my home office on 9/11 avoiding any and all contact with the outside world. That said, as you can see I am not hiding today.

This year ASQ gave me a reason to break my trend of seclusion. Furthermore, the
honor you have just bestowed upon me has returning some sunshine and happiness to this date for me. For that I truly thank this Board, the Examining committee of ASQ and the Tappan Zee section.

David B. Levy

September 11, 2008

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming an ASQ Fellow. It's great to hear that your accomplishments earned you Fellow status and your accomplishments now give you a positive memory for 9/11.

    Thank you for all of the work you do for ASQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go David. I know that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to reach ASQ Fellow. You deserve the recognition. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete