I am in Anaheim, CA for ASQ (#ASQ) World Conference on Quality and Improvement (#WCQI12).
Before the conferece begins there are meetings, ceremonies and gatherings for both Member Leaders and Members.
On Sat, May 19 I attended 4 activities for Member Leaders:
- Ideas to Action Gathering (#ITAG)
- Community Leadership Institute (CLI)
- Quality Management Process (QMP) Awards ceremony
- Member Leader (ML) Dinner / Reception
My major take-aways from the day include:
- Speakers on Panel Discussions must listen to the questions being asked and answer those question. In other words, get off your own agenda and address the concern of the moment.
- ASQ is not broken as one ML may think...he needs a time machine to go back to the first ML Summit (grand-dad to the ITAG) and feel the pains then see the growth and improvement we've had as a result.
- There is a preception of drive to improve ML satisfaction.
- Creating an email to communicate with Members is a lot more complex then the typical section may know.
- QMP is going through a major overhaul.
- Stuff that is motherhood and applepie to me as a long time ML is virtually unknown to many both new and long time MLs due to limited communications.
- Perception of MLs is ASQ still sends too many emails.
- The ability to opt-out of different types of emails is improving through personal preference updates.
Stay tuned...more to come!