First off, let me say that Quality cannot have just one month. Every year, every month, every day in fact every second must reflect on Quality as a way of life. The way we treat others, the way we approach our vocations and advocations, the way we present ourselves to the world must be with one sole meaning...that meaning is that we exude quality in all we do.
That said, what am I doing in November 2011 to Raise my Voice. To start I am writing this blog post. Other actions I've taken include:
- I've invited at least 3 people I know to accept a 6 month free membership to ASQ. This includes the new Quality Manager at one of my company's facilities and both of my nephews. One is a recent college graduate in hospitality management and the other is a civil engineering student.
- I am still seeking out people I know that I think should consider looking at ASQ membership through the 6 month free offer...if you are interested, let me know...
- I attended an ASQ section Conference on Risk Management
- I continue to update my ASQ section's web site
- I am working diligently with the production team to improve upon our processes to achieve improved satisfaction from our customer
- Whenever I speak with people about what I do I make sure to include in the discussion ASQs commitment to and involvement with the practices of Quality
- I practice what I preach.
I live the professsion and practice of Quality Management, Quality Engineering and Quality Improvement everyday of the year both at work and in my personal life. What more can I do? Invite others to learn and become active with the practices after all, this is the 21st Century - the Century of Quality